Thursday, April 1, 2010

A Big Pile of Fire Hydrants

Last winter, just before Christmas, I spotted this pile of fire hydrants on Howard Street. That entire week people kept excitedly asking, “Did you see the fire hydrants??” I never did find out the story behind this, but it was an amazing sight and has been in the back of my mind ever since. The pile was in front of the A. E. Harrington Plumbing Company, which I also tried to research (to no avail) when I photographed the tiny Statue of Liberty they have on the roof. Well, even though I have no research I decided to post this simply because it was interesting.

I do like fire hydrants and way back I did write an entry on the history of fire hydrants so that will have to do until I find out more about this pile, if I ever do.

No comments: